Wednesday, January 8, 2014

January 6th -January 10th

Wow I can't believe that Winter Break has come and gone so quickly. Welcome back to everyone I hope you all had a restful break. We have a lot to do this last semester so we are diving right back into the school year.


Question of the week: How do places change?

Language Arts Connection: Nouns and verbs finding them in stories. 

Writing: Writing contractions. Story Sequence: beginning, middle and end. Writing first and last name and date on all papers. 

Reading: We will be reading the story titled "A Place to Play" and discussing story sequence

Math: Place Value: Review finding tens and ones in a number by writing and drawing

Science: What is the scientific method? What is a scientist? How can I be a scientist?  

Spelling/Phonic-  y sounds /e/, /i/

Ruby
1. my     2. by     3. try
4. fly    5. cry   6. sunny
7. handy     8. lucky      9. silly
10. puppy  *11. things  12. always

 Sentence: The silly fly is by the puppy.

 Emerald
1. my     2. by     3. try
4. fly    5. cry   6. sunny
7. handy     8. lucky      9. silly
10. puppy  11. rusty  12. bumpy
13. muddy 14. sky
*15. things 16. always

 Sentence: My muddy puppy is always dirty. 

Diamond
1. my     2. by     3. try
4. fly    5. cry   6. sunny

Sentence: I try to cry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment